EXPERIENCE AN ASHRAM STYLE PROGRAM IN UNSPOILED NATURAL SURROUNDINGS
Who we Are
Yogafirst has been offering 200 hour programs in the Middle East since 2009 and has trained hundreds of teachers in the region. Many of our graduates have gone on to successful yoga careers in the UAE and beyond, including the owners of studios in Dubai and Abu Dhabi. Our graduates are teaching in the most popu-lar yoga centres and gyms throughout the region and our courses are well known and respected in the yoga community.
YOGAFIRST ME LEAD TRAINER
(Director, Yogafirst Sports Services) (ERYT500)
Peewee has been living, practicing and teaching yoga in the UAE since 2007 and has trained and inspired more yoga teachers than any individual in the Middle East Region (UAE, Qatar, Bahrain, Jordan, Kuwait). Bringing over 20 years of practice to her teach-ing, her style of Dynamic Hatha Flow mixed with Vajrayana & Tan-tric meditation inﬂuences and Kriya yoga practices are designed to systematically align your body, transform, heal and liberate consciousness. Peewee has ﬂexibility of body and mind, clear ac-cessible communication and is skilled in adapting to the needs of speciﬁc individuals and groups. She helps people to understand how yoga works, take their prac-tice deeper and brings out the best in everyone. Peewee inspires all her students to use their unique talents right away without hesitation. She believes the best yoga you will ever achieve is the one that brings you closer to who you are. Peewee is the director of the annual global mala charity event and is well known for her innovations in swing yoga teacher training worldwide. Peewee is a single mom and lives in Dubai with her 4 teenagers: 2 human children and 2 cats.
Dr. Pradeep Ullal
SPRIRTUAL LEADER OF THE KEVALA FOUNDATION
|Dr. Pradeep Ullal is the spiritual head of Kevala Foundation. He is one of the rare Himalayan yogis serving in urban world, and truly empow-ered to awaken the kundalini shakti through the relay of shaktipat. He is respected as a Super Gamma Master with ability to raise his brain frequency to 100 Hz and transmit bio-photonic energy transmissions of compassion. He also combines his rich experiences, gifts and tech-niques in path of Kundalini, Samaya Tantra, Nada, Laya, Kriya, Surya, Jnana and Raja Yoga to inspire, empower and awaken aspirants. Dr. Pradeep Ullal is the founder and spiritual head of Kevala Foundation at Chikmagalur in India. He is also the founder of Kevala Celebration Centre which will serve as a hub for exploring, experience and elevat-ing through the subtle journey of yoga, veda, ayurveda, tantra, art, music, dance, meditation, healing and serving. He inspires audiences across the world through his high vibrancy workshops, shaktipat transmissions, discourses, satsangs and seminars. Dr Pradeep has initiated over 5000 aspirants from over 120 countries through his gamma waves transmissions. He is celebrated as a power-ful Himalayan yogi, clair-cognisant and healer who effectively chan-nels intent, touch, sound, breath, light to sustain higher vibrancy and natural healing. His research on body work includes traditional yogic massage. His athletic abilities at 45, boyish charm, child like enthusi-asm, joyful and balanced living has inspired many.|
Advanced Instructor 300hr : Himalayan Yoga Immersion
28 Day Intensive Immersion into Kriya Yoga Techniques, Shaktipath, Nada Yoga & Other Himalayan Techniques while increasing your skills and knowledge as a teacher and healer thru your Hatha Flow Yoga Classes. So much benefit can be gained by the fusion of ancient techniques and modern communication skills and movement analysis. So much depth in your own practice can be achieved by applying ancient wisdom to your modern life. Other disciplines that we will be work-ing with are sound therapy, applied anatomy to yogatherapy, vinyasa sequencing techniques and adult learning modalities for more effective group facilitation and management.
Above all this we believe that raising your frequency, healing yourself in all aspects and purifying your awareness through your own yoga practice is more effective than any intellectual information. Yoga is after all 99% practice. We provide you a platform to do so in this course.
This course is open to open minded and certiﬁed Yoga teachers of all styles and disciplines that are seeking something deeper in their understanding and practice. Threefold aspects of this course will be:
1) Skillset to make you a more effective yoga teacher, workshop provider and motivator thru adult learning and facilitation techniques, class design tools and most of all Inspiration thru connecting with deeper Hi-malayan Yogic Tradition.
Each day starts at 6am with Hatha Yoga and Kriya Yoga Sessions followed by breakfast and lectures, dis-cussions and experiential sessions throughout midday. Afternoon practice starts at 5pm to 7pm. Aside from this regular routine there will be a once a week excur-sion to nearby sacred caves, waterfalls, temples and the local town for cultural events.
“When people ﬁrst become a yoga teacher it has been observed that for the most part they feel like “they’ve made it” and launch themselves into yoga careers in an effort to “establish” and reassure that they now know the big secret that is yoga – they have made it, they are part of the “yoga crew”. As time goes by they realize they don’t know enough and humbly seek out more. Only a lucky few ﬁnd it and grow. A swami in India once told me that the mind is the problem and the heart is the solution. In this module we will be smashing egos and opening hearts.” –Peewee Sanchez
- Philosophical Focus: Yoga Sutras of Pa-tanjali chapter 1 (chanting practice and theory)
- Teacher Techniques Focus: Yogaﬁrst Physical Adjustments/Corrections & Assists
- Sequence Design Workshop: looking at the basic sequencing toolbox and looking beyond the basic approach Practice Focus: Daily Pranayama Prac-tice, Daily Hatha Flow Yoga Practice, Daily Himalayan Kriya Practice.
- Teaching Methodology Focus: The Be-ginners Mind; how to reconnect with knowing you know nothing and the beneﬁts to you as a teacher and to your students growth.
“Although to most (but not all) teach-ers of modern yoga, asana is the obvi-ous starting point in their teaching and practice, as time goes by appreci-ation grows for the deeper levels of practice: Raja Yoga. Even asana itself takes on a new light with time and ex-perience. In this module we will deepen our understanding of asana and Sadhana to learn the difference
between Yoga and Yogam.” – Peewee Sanchez
Anatomy Focus: Intensive Study of Human Anatomy (bones, muscles, con-nective tissue& nerves) with discus-sions on how to handle various physi-cal musculoskeletal issues thru yoga therapy. Also included are modiﬁcations for yoga postures as per muscu-loskeletal condition of student.
- Philosophical Focus: Yoga Sutras of Patanjali Chapter 2 (chanting and practice)
- Technique Focus: Daily Pranayama Practice, Daily Hatha Yoga Practice, Daily Himalayan Kriya Practice
- Nada Yoga: The science of sound Yoga, chanting, mantras, meditation
“Yoga is the path of Fire and Light” – Pradeep Ullal
Deep Dive into the Subtle Bodies: Intensive look at look at the Pranamaya Kosha thru theory and experiential sessions. Indepth on the chakras, the nadis, meridian lines and the ﬂow of Breath and Kundalini Shakti through these pathways.
- Philosophical Focus: Yoga Sturas of Patanjali Chapter 3 (chanting and theory) Intensive Practice of Pran-ayama, Hatha Flow & Hima-layan Kriya Yoga – how to in-corporate into your hatha yoga class
- Technique Focus: Daily Pran-ayama Practice, Daily Hatha Yoga Practice, Daily Hima-layan Kriya Practice
- Nada Yoga: The science of sound Yoga, chanting, man-tras, meditation
Breaking Thru Your Yoga Teacher Samskaras
“We all start our teaching journey in-spired. As time goes by we ﬁnd our-selves in a roller coaster ride, some-times at the top and sometimes at the bottom. Or maybe even on days wake up to teaching the same old sequence, repeated 7 times a day and in the same way. As human beings we all have repetitive, subconscious patterns that prevent us from further evolution and from experiencing the Samadhi that is already within.” – Peewee Sanchez
- Philosophical Focus: Yoga Sutras of Patanjali chapter 4 chanting and theory
- Teaching Methodology: Adult Learning as tools for Yoga Teachers. Individual Teaching assessments with feedback on how to improve as a yoga teacher.
- Technique Focus: Daily Pranayama Practice, Daily Hatha Yoga Practice, Daily Himalayan Kriya Practice Business of Yoga: How to be an effec-tive workshop presenter/ team leader/ trainer thru facilitation skills planning and personal direction/ goal setting.
What is Special about Yogaﬁrst Teacher Training Programs?
We have been operating in the Middle East for the last 4 years in the following countries: UAE, Qatar, Bahrain and Jordan. We understand the environment of this region and have through the years ﬁne-tuned our yoga classes to become both successful and non-offensive to diverse cultural and religious sensibilities of the Middle East. Also we make sure that when you complete the training you will know how to teach a class at a very high degree. Our yoga training is an excellent foundation not only of yoga class instruction but of yoga as a way of life, and of overall self-improvement. We give you the keys to your success not only in yoga but also in life. The most import-ant thing you will learn from this training is how YOU work. This training is a journey of self-discovery. Whether you decide to go into teaching or just wish to learn more to improve your personal practice, there are a lot of wonderful surprises in store for you in this training. We believe in wonderful surprises – they make life interesting. Rather than tell you why you should be doing this course, I would like to as you: Are You Sure? This is a big investment of time and effort. Are you Sure? Your life will never be the same after this course.
· Light on Yoga Sutras of Patanjali – BKS IYENGAR
· Yoga Body – Judith Hanson Lassater
· Hatha Yoga Pradipika – Brian Dana Akers English translation
· Yoga As Medicine – Dr. Timothy Mc Call
· Light On Yoga – BKS Iyengar
· Autobiography of A Yogi – Paramhansa Yo-dagrowth