Advanced Yoga Teacher Training
(300 Hours Yoga Alliance – for 500hr upgrade)
300 hour Part time course on Advanced Hatha Flow Yoga Techniques, Anatomy and Kinesiology, Pranayama, Philosophical discussions on the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali & Meditation Techniques while increasing your skills and knowledge as a teacher and healer thru your Hatha Yoga Classes. So much benefit can be gained by the fusion of ancient techniques and modern communication skills
and movement analysis. So much depth in your own practice can be achieved by applying ancient wisdom to your modern life. Other disciplines that we will be working with are energy body activation, physical adjustments and assists, applied anatomy to yogatherapy, and vinyasa sequencing techniques. Also included are class management and group facilitation techniques to help manage your students better and create smooth flowing and positive class environments. Individual evaluation, feedback and assessment of all participants will also be done to ensure that your skills are further enhanced by this experience.
PEEWEE SANCHEZ is the training director of Yogafirst Yoga Teacher Training Programs and has been doing yoga for more than 20 years.Her first contact with yoga was regular self practice from an Iyengar Book in her native Philippines, with cardboard sheets for a mat. On weekends she would practice Vajrayana meditation with Khandro Chogyam Drolma. Her foundation in Asana came with her completion of the Yoga Alliance 200 Hour Flow Yoga Certificate. Since then she has exposed herself to a variety of styles and world renowned teachers. For the last 9 years she has been traveling the world giving teacher trainings in 200hour Hatha Flow Yoga, 300hr Himalayan Yoga Immersion, basic 300hr YTT courses and Aerial Flow (Swing) Yoga. Peewee teaches with sunny positivity, determination and fierce compassion. Her style is alignment conscious Hatha Yoga with a playful Vinyasa Flow that encases an underlying healing energy work.
This course is open to yoga teachers of any style and discipline with open minds and a desire to go deeper into the experience of Yoga. Physical practice will be in the Hatha Flow style, Himalayan Kriya Yoga Styles and Pranayama, Meditation techniques and Restorative Yoga.
This course is open to open minded Yoga teachers of all styles and disciplines that are seeking something deeper in their understanding and practice. Threefold aspects of this course will be
1) Skillset to make you a more effective yoga teacher, workshop provider and motivator thru adult learning and facilitation techniques, class design tools, instructor development exercises and most of all Inspiration thru connecting with deeper Himalayan Yogic Tradition.
2) Applied study of theories often overlooked or not really discussed in basic courses such as the energy body, Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, Sacred Chants, and also in-depth study of both modern human anatomy and how to help people with different issues that come to you for help.
3) Personal growth, inner awakening and the opportunity and constructive environment to break out of those mental patterns and karmic resistances that no longer serve you well. This alone is enough to bring incredibly positive changes in all aspects of your life. Are you ready?
Each day starts at 8am with a 2.5 to 3 hour long Hatha Flow Practice that involves also Pranayama and meditation followed by breakfast and lectures, discussions and experiential sessions throughout midday. Afternoon restorative yoga, pranayama and meditation sessions start at 3pm.
Module 1: “Beginner’s Mind” (10 days 8am to 5pm)
“When people first become a yoga teacher it has been observed that for the most part they feel like “they’ve made it” and launch themselves into yoga careers in an effort to “establish” and reassure that they now know the big secret that is yoga – they have made it, they are part of the “yoga crew”. As time goes by they realize they don’t know enough and humbly seek out more. Only a lucky few find it and grow. A swami in India once told me that the mind is the problem and the heart is the solution. In this module we will be smashing egos and opening hearts.” – Peewee Sanchez
- Practice Focus: Module 1 asana, pranayama, bandha & mudra sequence. Initial introduction to Himalayan Kriya Yoga techniques, Meditation Basic Tools
- Philosophical focus: Yoga Sutras of Patanjali chapter 1: Samadhi Pada
- Teacher Methodology Focus: Yogafirst Physical Adjustments/Corrections & Assists for all kinds of poses taking into consideration the privacy of your students and the environment of the Middle East Region with respect to physical contact. Skill training to be learned will be teaching off the mat (teaching without doing) in combination with adjustments.
- Sequence Design Workshop: looking at the basic sequencing toolbox and looking into and beyond the basic approach of the chakra system method of sequencing.
- Teaching Practicum: Each trainee will teach a 1 hour class in which they apply the skills discussed and techniques learned from this module.
Module 2: “Beyond Asana” (10 days 8am to 5pm)
“Although to most (but not all) teachers of modern yoga, asana is the obvious starting point in their teaching and practice, as time goes by appreciation grows for the deeper levels of practice: Raja Yoga. Even asana itself takes on a new light with time and experience. In this module we will deepen our understanding of asana and Sadhana to learn the difference between Yoga and Yogam.” – Peewee Sanchez
- Practice Focus: Module 2 Asana, Pranayama, Bandha, Mudra sequence. Raja yoga during the afternoon sessions.
- Anatomy Focus: Intensive Study of Human Anatomy (bones, muscles, connective tissue& nerves) and how the body behaves in regards to these areas during yoga asana, pranayama, meditation. Afternoon sessions will be devoted to this topic.
- Therapeutic focus: discussions on how to handle various physical musculoskeletal issues thru yoga therapy. Also included are modifications for yoga postures as per musculoskeletal condition of student.
- Philosophical Focus: Yoga Sutras of Patanjali Chapter 2: Sadhana Pada
- Teaching Exam: Creating a private session for a student with one of the musculoskeletal injuries discussed in the module.
Module 3: “Breaking thru your Yoga Teacher Samskaras” (10 days 8am to 5pm)
“We all start our teaching journey inspired. As time goes by we find ourselves in a roller coaster ride, sometimes at the top and sometimes at the bottom. Or maybe even on days wake up to teaching the same old sequence, repeated 7 times a day and in the same way. As human beings we all have repetitive, subconscious patterns that prevent us from further evolution and from experiencing the Samadhi that is already within.” – Peewee Sanchez
- Practice Focus: Module 3 Asana, Pranayama, Bandha, Mudra sequence. Deep dive into Raja yoga during the afternoon sessions.
- Philosophical Focus: Yoga Sutras of Patanjali Chapter 3 and 4
- Practice Focus: Beginner to Advanced Pranayama practices, Pranayama Sequencing, and learning to teach pranayama more effectively.
- Theory Focus: the Subtle Bodies: Intensive look at look at the Pranamaya Kosha thru theory and experiential sessions. Indepth on the chakras, the nadis, meridian lines and the flow of Breath and Kundalini Shakti through these pathways.
- Teaching Methodology: Adult Learning as tools and facilitation techniques for Yoga Teachers.
What is Special about Yogafirst Teacher Training Programs?
We have been operating in the Middle East for the last 9 years in the following countries: UAE, Qatar, Bahrain, Jordan and India. We understand the environment of this region and have through the years fine-tuned our yoga classes to become both successful and non-offensive to diverse cultural and religious sensibilities of the Middle East. Also we make sure that when you complete the training you will know how to teach a class at a very high degree. Our yoga training is an excellent foundation not only of yoga class instruction but of yoga as a way of life, and of overall self-improvement. We give you the keys to your success not only in yoga but also in life. The most important thing you will learn from this training is how YOU work. This training is a journey of self-discovery. Whether you decide to go into teaching or just wish to learn more to improve your personal practice, there are a lot of wonderful surprises in store for you in this training. We believe in wonderful surprizes – they make life interesting. Rather than tell you why you should be doing this course, I would like to as you: Are You Sure? This is a big investment of time and effort. Are you Sure? Your life will never be the same after this course.
Light on Yoga Sutras of Patanjali – BKS IYENGAR
Yoga Body – Judith Hanson Lassater
Light On Yoga – BKS Iyengar
Hatha Yoga Pradipica – Translation by Brian Dana Akers
Books we suggest you read prior to this course
The Autobiography of A Yogi – Paramhansa Yogananda
Yoga As Medicine – Dr. Timothy McCall
To register or further information request a registration pack from:
Peewee Sanchez on +971503746207